Monday, January 23, 2012

Life's Little Temptations

UGH, sometimes life has a way of knocking you on your ass! I swear just when I think I've settled into being comfortable with where I am in life & that this is what it is.. I am tempted. Tempted into thinking what could be, what if. This is not a new temptation to me. I've struggled with this for the last 15 years. What if I did this differently or that. What if I just threw it all away & went for it! Would it work out or would I just lose everything for one leap of faith, one shot at turning back the clock. I can only imagine how great things could be if I did & it all finally fell into place, making up for years of my discontent and providing a lifetime of satisfaction & happiness. Somehow I think if I never take that chance that I'll never ever be fully contented. Then the other part of me thinks that it's best to let it be & not to be tempted. Past is the past for a reason. If I give into temptation I'll be left with nothing except for even more regrets. I wonder if I'm in this alone or if there is another plagued with the same temptation. It's kind of like being tortured. Thoughts of my temptation put a smile on my face and living that experience added to the person I am & gave me great memories to relive in those wonderful fleeting moments. Maybe that's all it's ever supposed to be. I know that if I was ever really faced with my temptation I'd give in immediately. Thankfully all it is right now is just my mind playing tricks on me. I put my belief in God and look to him to provide comfort in him leading me to what path I'm supposed to be on. If I'm ever meant to come face to face with my temptation it will be when it's meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment